Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Los Angeles/Best Picture

 "The time is out of jointO cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right." - Hamlet (1948)
Signs placed over and along the 5, 10, 101 and 110 Freeways in Los Angeles.
Quotes from Academy Award winners for Best Picture. 
"Everybody has a heart... except some people." - All About Eve (1950)
 "I didn't say I didn't love you. I said, 'Stay away from me.'" - On the Waterfront (1954)
 "No sense being a grifter if its the same as bein' a citizen." - The Sting (1973)

"I tried goddammit. At least I did that." - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

 "Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: always." - Gandhi (1982)


"Free your mind and the ass will follow." - Platoon (1986)

YTD - 454

1 comment:

T said...

Actually, "Free your mind and the ass will follow." is the title of a good Funkadelic song from a 1970 album of the same name. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiqmEibSY0I