Thursday, March 16, 2006

Dame Edna Speaks to Ohio

A gentleman from Ohio sent this image to me asking if I'd post it. I wrote back saying I'd post it if he posted it first: the point of this site being to insert messages directly into the public arena. Using safe, non-destructive putty for mounting, he took Dame Edna's message to the people where they live: the Westfield mall. As he put it:

"Westfield was involved in the retail portion of the WTC. Fifty days before 9/11, Silverstein Properties and Lowy’s Westfield America secured 99-year leases on the WTC. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey turned control of the World Trade Center over to the private hands of Silverstein and Lowy on July 24, 2001."






8 comments:

A new Ron,ron,ron a new ron,ron said...

I don't really see the relevance of the Westfield thing?

Robb Zipp said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

fuckin photoshop, you fuckin liars this blog sucks so much, it is obvious its photoshop you looooooosers

Freewayblogger said...

Yeah, I guess it would have to be photoshopped, since actually putting up signs and posters would constitute acts of practically superhuman bravery as far as you're concerned.

blurbees.com said...

Hey, just a heads-up that your signs are being put to good use, yet again.

impeach.cf.huffingtonpost.com

Keep'em comin'!

...

Annie said...

Anonymous, punkin, you sound upset. Would you like to talk about it?

Love, Rita said...

I love this blog. I wish I had the balls to do what you do. I know in my heart that it's wrong to force democracy on cultures that have known only war for as far back as anyone can remember. They don't want to be democratic. And we are increasingly being seen as global playground bullies, as evidenced by increasing anti-American sentiment worldwide. Please continue your work, you speak for many more Americans than you can possibly imagine!

D said...

Y'notice how pretty much all the trolls are anonymous? And most of them sound like 14-year-olds who took a few minutes off playing a first-person shooter and calling everything "gay" long enough to regurgitate this garbage?

Just speaks to how "brave" they really are.